Friday, September 30, 2011

Heyyy.....


It's been a while since I've written, but I thought no one was reading. So here is an update - I am working at Multicultural Music Group in NY. The people there are awesome and what they are doing is in line with El Sistema except it does not focus solely on classical music. It also resembles Community Music Work as far as including social awareness such as the Ponce Massacre, one of the topics for this year. They are all into including media and to whatever it takes to create engagement with the students. This year we are participating in a research project to determine students musical and emotional progress.

I also watched a movie the other day called The Music Never Stopped which is based on a true story - fantastic!!! A wonderful resource for students and teachers is this documentary http://www.pbs.org/wnet/musicinstinct/
Yo-Yo Ma is in it, Bobby McFerrin, Levitin, and Oliver Sacks!!

I also wanted to pass along an beautiful movement that has been cooking https://occupywallst.org/

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're back! I look forward to more enlightening posts!

    ReplyDelete